After nearly a quarter of a century at the helm of RGN, Hilary O’Brien is hanging up her Organiser’s boots to enjoy a more relaxing retirement; and the hunt is on for her successor.
With seemingly limitless patience and endless charm, Hilary has been the heart of RGN, and we are very sorry to be losing her. Happily, she has agreed to remain with us as a Trustee, but we now begin the difficult task of replacing her. The position has evolved over the years, and we are excited to be recruiting a new Organiser that is ready to oversee the development of RGN into a thriving, modern charity where the personal touch remains at the heart of all that we do.
If you think that you could be the kind hearted, hard working and self motivated leader of the RGN Office, we would love to hear from you.
See below for a full job specification with details of how to apply, or CLICK HERE to download the pdf file.
RICHMOND GOOD NEIGHBOURS JOB SPECIFICATION
(Part-time, Mon-Fri 9am-12.30pm
Richmond Good Neighbours is a small charity with an office in the ETNA Centre in East Twickenham. We have been established for over thirty years and provide support to the elderly, disabled and housebound in the parish of Richmond. Our services include befriending, shopping and transporting clients to medical appointments and social activities. We currently have around 60 volunteers on our books and 110 clients. The Chairman and Treasurer are supported by five Trustees.
RGN is looking for a Co-Ordinator who will undertake the only paid post within the charity. The Co-Ordinator will report to the Chairman and Trustees and be responsible for all the administration, managing volunteers/clients and supporting all events.
The hours of work are currently 9am-12.30pm, based at our office at the ETN A Centre. We hope that it will become possible to do the work from home in due course, with some flexibility on time as well, once a computer system has been installed to allow for this. There is a requirement to attend some meetings at other times (for example Council/Voluntary Service meetings, Trustee meetings etc).
- All administration tasks, including correspondence, minutes etc
- Answering the phone to clients and organising transport for them
- Grant Applications and researching funding streams
- Recruiting Volunteers and monitoring clients
- Ensuring DBS checks are done for all volunteers
- Overseeing GDPR compliance
- Setting up a new client and volunteer database
- Management of social media presence and website content
- Financial payments, other financial tasks and recording expenditure.
- Strategic planning for the future of RGN
- Organising fund raising and other events, including a Richmond May Fair stall and the Volunteer’s Annual Party
- Recording volunteering data and producing reports for the Trustees
The Co-Ordinator is expected to organise and attend four Trustees meetings per year and will work closely with the Chairman, Treasurer and Trustees.
The Co-Ordinator will represent Richmond Good Neighbours and attend meetings with LBRuT, Age UK, RPLC and other Neighbourhood Care Groups.
The Co-Ordinator will need a good standard of education, excellent communication, administration and computer skills.
The Co-Ordinator should be self-motivated and able to prioritise a busy workload using a blend of skills and experience in:
- Office management
- Event organisation
- Recruitment – volunteers and clients
- Research, data collection and best practice
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office software)
- Familiarity with social media and website management
- Monitoring and evaluation of services
- Strategic planning
The annual salary for 17.5 hours per week will be £15,000 per annum. Holiday entitlement will be twenty days paid per year.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a current CV (no more than two sides of A4) along with a covering email outlining your relevant skills and motivation for applying to: email@example.com